Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Etsy finds: Wedding gowns & accessories

Despite the hassles that can arise (return shipping, for example), I much prefer online shopping to "conventional" shopping. Walking around a mall for hours trying to find what I want is not appealing, and neither is dealing with over crowding on weekends and during holidays.

When I was first engaged, I couldn't wait to go dress shopping. However, I was never enamoured by the idea of my mom, mother-in-law, maid of honor, etc., etc. being by my side with tears in their eyes as I found "the one." My sister (and maid of honor) accompanied me, and I found a dress I loved on the first attempt. So, would I shop online for a wedding dress? If I had ample time before my wedding, I certainly would.

Here are some gorgeous gowns and accessories, all handmade by Etsy vendors:


Dresses

Shop: Schone
Handmade gowns based out of Brooklyn, N.Y.

Source                                                  Source

Both gowns are available in your choice of color and size, with a variety of sash options


Shop: Nastalgia
Featured in Martha Stewart Wedding magazine, Summer 2010



Shop: Lass Dress
Beautiful and affordable designs


This particular dress is made of satin and lace and features handcrafted flower detailing. It is available with a zipper or lace up closure at the back.


Etsy seller with a shop in Campden, Missourri; her gowns are inspired by designers and celebrities


Dresses are available in a variety of colors including white, champagne, and blush.


Accessories

Dress sashes and bridal accessories



Dress sashes and bridal accessories


The flower sash is definitely a favourite of mine; it would be a great addition to a reception dress
  • Would you consider purchasing your wedding dress online?

No comments:

Post a Comment